About 12 years ago, I worked as a SysOp and web administrator for a local newspaper. That was back in the day when bulletin board systems (BBS) were still popular and the newspaper had one with many different forums. One such forum was called "Eye on religion" and was a place where people could openly discuss religious viewpoints.
I miss that, along with all of my good friends from back in those days. So, I've created this blog with that idea in mind. This is a place where people can share their religious view points and learn more about other religions. Differing religions is now reason not to be friends and have an open, free exchange of beliefs.
Hopefully I'll be able to get many people to participate and we can make this an educational and fun experience. If I'm the only one who posts, then I'm sure it will be quite dull and without a doubt, one-sided. So feel free to join me. I'm going to allow anyone to comment and you can say whatever you'd like. I only ask that you "be nice". Remember, it takes guts to bare your feelings on religion and share your faith with others and we won't always believe the same things, but everyone's beliefs have merit, no matter how greatly they may differ from our own.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
This blog is an awesome idea, Doobie. I'm looking forward to sharing some of my Roman Catholic beliefs with your audience.
Thanks for the invitation to participate. My name is anonymous and I am a recovering Mormon religious bigot - no disrespect to Mormonism, just to me. I am learning tolerance. I believe that, ironically, tolerance is what the Lord has taught all along.
Welcome anonymous and singing lady. Glad to have you onboard and I look forward to hearing your comments and viewpoints.
Ooh...interesting insight Anonymous. Looks like the blog is off to a good start.
Cool idea for a blog. I could use some perspectives outside the standard "Utah" one, which admittedly tends to be in line with my personal perspective. It will be fun to learn more about Roman Catholicism for instance.
It is going to be interesting discussing faith within the bounds of political correctness but I am sure together we can pull it off.
Looking forward to the discussions!
Post a Comment