Monday, September 29, 2008

General Conference this weekend

This weekend will be the fall session of the semi-annual general conference.
I recommend watching at least some of it to anyone out there.
I'll promise you this if you do, while you may hear some things that you might not agree with, you will certainly hear things that you will agree with and the messages will be uplifting and beneficial.

Which brings me to my next suggested topic, I invite everyone to post their thoughts, comments and questions on any of the messages shared during any of the general conference sessions to post them here.

Either way, I hope you all have a great week and weekend.

1 comment:

Doobie said...

Okay, so to comment on my own post, the talk I have heard so far that stuck out the most was given by Dieter F. Uchtdorf during the priesthood session Saturday evening.

He relayed a story about a group of able bodied (but inexperienced) group of men trying to move a piano. None of them had moved a piano before and they waren't sure how to do it. They tried some different things without much success, until someone just said simply, "Stand close together and lift where you stand". Such simple instructions, but it got the job done.

I'd like to relate that to the communities in which we live. If we can all "stand close together" and "lift where we stand", the entire community will benefit.

Just imagine if everyone in the community went out of their way to reach out to each other and do what was best, not just for themselves, but for the community as a whole.